Google Mobile First Approach Checklist for May 2021
Table of Contents
The Google May 2021 Update Checklist
Here’s what you need to do to prepare for the May update:
Verify some basics:
- Make sure your site is mobile-friendly; Google recommends responsive design. Again just being responsive does not mean your site is Mobile First.
- Make sure your server uses HTTPS and enforces HTTP Strict Transport Security.
- Make sure there are no intrusive interstitials at page load.
- Check your Core Web Vitals in Google Search Console. Fix the pages it complains about.
- Test your home page and major SEO landing pages using Google PageSpeed.
- Get their scores as high as you can – but focus on LCP, FID, and CLS. You must earn a passing grade of 90% on each of these, regardless of your PageSpeed score.
Above all: Make sure your content is great! No amount of technical SEO perfection will make up for vague content with no clear value to the visitor.
Optimize your website for Mobile-First today!
We are ready and eager to help you get started. Please feel free to contact us.